9500 Maximum Security
- Large gates up to 20,000 Lbs
- Direct drive limit switches
- Solid-state variable speed control
- See Maximum Security featured article
Securing the U.S. - Mexico Border (click here)
The DKS 9500 series operators are designed to operate very heavy vehicular slide gates in limited (Class III) and restricted (Class IV) applications only. These operators should never be used in applications serving the general public. The 9500 series uses a high tensile steel alloy roller chain as the pulling medium, which is immune to slippage and un-even terrain and simplifies installation. These operators include a speed control module which allows the user to set the speed of the gate and have a slow-start and slow-stop function as well.
9500 10-gauge Housing
- Speed control module.
- Slow start / slow stop.
- Direct driven limit nuts.
- Anti-tailgating feature.
- Adjustable partial open..
- Gate tracker reporting output.
- Built-in diagnostics.
- Ports for plug-in loop detectors.
- Selectable stop / reverse loop functions.
- Two 115 VAC convenience outlets.
- Fail-secure operation includes crank for manual operation.
- Programming switches.
- Built-in 3-button control (open-close-stop)
- Built-in power On/Off switch.
- Maximum gate length 160-feet.
- HP, maximum gate weight*, speed and chain size:
9530 - 3 HP, 10,000 Lbs., 2 ft/sec, #80 chain.
9550 - 5 HP, 20,000 Lbs., 1 ft/sec, #100 chain.
9555 - 5 HP, 10,000 Lbs., 4 ft/sec, #80 chain.
9575 - 7.5 HP, 25,000 Lbs., 2 ft/sec, #100 chain.
(*Assumes gate is on level ground, in good condition with properly adjusted hardware. Other external factors may affect the performance of the gate operator.)
- 10:1 or 40:1 gear reduction running in a continuous oil bath (dependant on model).
- Electronic braking - all models.
- Self adjusting disc brake with manual release (9555 only).
- 208, 230, 460 VAC three-phase.
- Operator is shipped with chain brackets and 20-feet of #80 or #100 chain (dependant on model).
- Class III and IV applications only.
- Compliant with UL 325 and 991 - but not yet listed. (Note: To be compliant with UL 325 and industry safety guidelines, external entrapment prevention devices are required to be installed with this gate operator. Your professional DKS system installer can provide you with more details on these devices and on current industry safety standards.)
- Dimensions: 54 "W x 59 "H x 26 "D